Sunday, November 13, 2011

Saturday Morning Boulder Session


You might notice that small dike that shoots down to the ground,.....that was her obsession.
Stell watched as a few Boy Scouts attempted to climb up the left side,...no technique at all. One managed to make it. A few kids,....on the chunkier side of the spectrum, continued to trundle off the side.
"Daddy,...I wanna' go upbear!" (up there)
How did I just know.......
With one quick move she steps from a small ledge onto the smaller dimples of the dike....Osh Kosh's gripping like 5 Tennies.
"Send it!"
She high steps onto the top ledge,...
"Stell,....wait!.....Daddy can't reach that high!..."
"Daaaaad!"
"Stell,..wait!'
"Daaaaaaaaaaad!"
"Stell!"
"Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!"
I pull her down before she gets out of my reach.
She's ticked,....to say the least,..... and gives me a good swat below the belt before she stomps off.
I stand still for a second,......take a deep breath,.....breathe in,......exhale.......
I turn around to see those same Boy Scouts,....on the chunkier side of the spectrum,....gettin' a good chuckle.
I give them my best Clint Eastwood stare,....my tit in a wringer....
"You boys would be better off sellin' cookies."
The End.

No comments: