Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Dog Walk Loop.

Well,... it combines the best of the old with the flow of the new. I park down at the bottom of Rattlesnake so Lola can get water from Antietam a fair way up the road. Hit the intersection of High Rock and break into Oak. She grabs a last drink of water at the second stream crossing and from there she has to get by until the bottom of Stooges. I take it easy and walk up the hike-a-bike and let her drink as often as she wants, because as soon as we hit the last section of Stooges, it's full gas! I used to ride this trail several days a week when I lived in Fairfield and as I have always said, it's still my favorite trail in the woods. Fast, hard, technical and the ability to make you have a hard day if you aren't on your meat. I look back often to make sure Lola is still on,...it seems she feels the same way I do. She holds my wheel until the water cache' at the bottom. I feed, she swims, I throw her in the back of the truck and ride for another hour, up the road and reverse the direction, hammering down SG to Oak, across the road to the last half of Sucker Punch. I'm thinkin' this could make a nice Super D Time Trial course. Predominately downhill, with a few punchy climbs, end at a nice stream to cool yourself down,...beers waitin' in the stream for a good group of people......could be a good time??? We could call it the Wednesday Night Beer Runs??? Something fun, for those of us who don't race or can't afford to, or for some of us who do race and can't afford to, or some of you who just like swimming and beer drinking,....Wed. Night Beer Runs,...as soon as I get back from vacation,...yes you heard it right here,....it will never happen,... but I'll try!

3 comments:

brett said...

woo! Super D!!1!!

camps said...

6-pack entry fees
move it around to diff spots,
might get more peeps out than just the Fairfield contingent

brett said...

I can think of at least two more locales ending at streams...